Vatican Afternoon Tour
Our Vatican Afternoon Tour is the best way to see all that Vatican City has to offer together with your knowledgeable guide. Book your tickets from home and skip the long lines at the Vatican!
- Skip the line to the world-renowned Vatican Museums
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Vatican City
- Learn about the Vatican from your incredible guide
- Experience the beauty of The Sistine Chapel
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica on your own after your tour
Take a Guided Tour of the Vatican
Your English-speaking guide will cover all the major highlights of the Vatican museums' vast art collections. Our guides on our Vatican tours are extremely well-liked and they get many positive appraisals from our guests.
You'll visit the Rooms of Raphael, The Belvedere Courtyard, The Sistine Chapel and much more. Your guide will show you around, make sure you avoid any unnecessary queuing and share his knowledge about the many art treasures.
After we exit The Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you to St. Peter's Basilica where you can browse around this incredible church on your own for as long as you like.
We also offer the same identical tour in the morning - Vatican Morning Tour. If you would also like a guided tour of the Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica, then try our Vatican Museum, Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica tour instead!
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 20 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends by the Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 2 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 5-17. Children under age 5 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You will skip all official queues, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Due to the popularity of the attraction and the number of visitors on the sites, your tour might take longer than anticipated. We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security and security checks, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.
Fantastic 5.03 customer reviews
We enjoyed this tour immensely , and the commentary by the tour guide was excellent and added greatly to our knowledge , and made our walk through the Vatican a fascinating journey through history .Danielle
tried to involve each member of the tour and we felt that she really wanted each one of us to enjoy the tour and to share her enthusiasm for the Vatican and its history. We will recommend this tour to our many friends who intend to visit Rome next year
Arrived early and glad to sit in the air condition waiting area with all the facilities, ( WC and vending machine). Tour started promptly,again, glad of the aircon while the guide did the introduction's and got the formalities out of the way. Having a guided tour meant skipping the queues, so once we were all wired up off we set.
The tour round the Vatican was very informative and worth the money.
Having read reviews about the long queues at the Vatican I thought I needed to book before my visit. Having seen the queues I was so pleased to have done this. There are so many sites to book, but I felt this was well worth it, and I certainly reccommend this site for anybody thinking about booking. My only comment would be is that is was a lttle confusing to find the location of the tour head office, but i guess that was down to just how big the Vatican is and you almost felt like you were walking away from it. Our guide Sabina was very informative, frienldy and we went at a nice pace through the tour. I would reccommend you go up into the dome after (take the lift 7euro or stairs 5euro) as the views are amazing.
Vatican Afternoon Tour
When In Rome Tours
Via Sebastiano Veniero 21
000192 Roma, Italy
(Map, look under ”directions”)
Vatican Afternoon Tour
The tour departs at 2:15 PM or 2:30 PM.
Closed Sundays and on religious holidays.
Ottaviano Station. From here it is 5 min. walk!