100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, mon, 13 jul 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 50
2. St. Peters Basilica, Dome Climb and Vatacombsat , mon, 13 jul 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 44
3. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, sat, 1 aug 2020 - sun, 11 jul 2021
From £ 93
4. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, mon, 13 jul 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 58
5. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hoursat The Best of Rome 3,5 hours, sun, 12 jul 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 64
6. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, sun, 12 jul 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 116
7. Colosseum & Gladiator's Gateat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided tour, sun, 12 jul 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 47
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: The Garden Tour & Breakfastat Vatican & Gardens w. breakfast, sun, 12 jul 2020 - sat, 24 oct 2020
From £ 153
9. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, mon, 13 jul 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 79
10. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, sun, 12 jul 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 91
Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hours
Skip the line to the Vatican Museums in Rome and get a special in-depth guided tour! You avoid the long lines at the St. Peter's Basilica and see the ceiling of the stunning Sistine Chapel. You also see the Bramante Staircase, visit the Etruscan Museum and see the Pinacoteca Art Gallery. It's a must for anyone who wishes to get as much as possible out of their Vatican tour!
- Skip the line to the Vatican Museums
- See the Bramante Staircase, normally closed to the public
- Visit the Etruscan Museum and the Pinacoteca Gallery
- Avoid the lines to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Visit the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy a special in-depth tour
What can I expect?
Enjoy an Extended Vatican Tour
Skip the line to the Vatican Museums and save your precious time in Rome. The tour starts with a rare access to the famous Bramante Staircase, a dizzying spiral of carved stone built in 1512 inside a square tower. Few have ever set foot on it these days, making this visit particularly special.
Admire the beautiful paintings of the Vatican Pinacoteca painting gallery, including Raphael’s ‘Transfiguration’, Caravaggio’s ‘Deposition from the Cross’ and Leonardo Da Vinci’s unfinished ‘St. Jerome in the Wilderness’.
You'll naturally visit everything from the Pinecone Courtyard to the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of the Maps, the Gallery of the Candelabra and a highlight of any tour – the Raphael Rooms.
Your tour of course also includes the Vatican Museums’ most famous room, the Sistine Chapel. Here you’ll have time to yourself to take it all in.
Last stop on your tour takes you through a special door in the Sistine Chapel and past another long queue to gain access to St. Peter’s Basilica. Every day but Wednesday, you’ll have a guided tour inside this colossal building – one of the most important in all of Christianity and home to Michelangelo’s famous sculpture, ‘La Pieta’.
How does it work?
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
Please be there 15 minutes before your tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square. On most Wednesdays, when the Basilica is closed, the service ends at the Vatican Museums entrance.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 4.5 hours.
Which languages is the tour available in?
The tour is available in English, German and French.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks.
- You can use the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- On Wednesday mornings and afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. If you who wish to visit St. Peter’s Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Child (0-5): Free of charge
Fantastic: 5.0 – 2 reviews
Refundable tickets Refundable tickets
Refundable up to 48 hours before performance date. A cancellation fee of up to 20% pr. ticket may apply
Print out voucher
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Skip the line-ticket to the Vatican.
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
- Access to the Bramante Staircase, the Etruscan Museum and the Pinacoteca Gallery.
- A guided tour.
Daily (except Sunday) at 8 AM or 8:45 AM.
Vatican: 4.5-hour guided tour
The corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi 00192 Roma Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.