100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Fast Trackat Colosseum: Fast Track, tue, 14 apr 2020 - th, 30 apr 2020
From £ 30
2. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, mon, 6 apr 2020 - sat, 3 oct 2020
From £ 58
3. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, sun, 5 apr 2020 - th, 17 dec 2020
From £ 27
4. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, tue, 7 apr 2020 - sat, 3 oct 2020
From £ 91
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, mon, 6 apr 2020 - sat, 3 oct 2020
From £ 50
6. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, tue, 7 apr 2020 - sat, 3 oct 2020
From £ 116
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Vatican: 4.5-hour guided tour, mon, 6 apr 2020 - sat, 3 apr 2021
From £ 101
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, fri, 17 apr 2020 - fri, 30 oct 2020
From £ 79
9. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, mon, 6 apr 2020 - sat, 3 apr 2021
From £ 57
10. St. Peter's Basilica: Fast Trackat St. Peter's Basilica: Fast Track Entry, sun, 5 apr 2020 - sun, 3 may 2020
From £ 23
Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Tour & The Dome
Enjoy the best view over Rome from Michelangelo's famous dome of the St. Peter's Basilica! You see St. Peter's Basilica and you avoid the long lines to the Vatican. Witness the mindblowing art inside the museums and of course the amazing Sistine Chapel and its breathtaking ceiling! This is a great way to start your day!
- Enjoy the view from the dome of St. Peter's Basilica
- Avoid the long lines to the Vatican
- Explore St. Peter's Basilica's beautiful interior
- Get a guided tour of the Vatican's highlights
- See the amazing Sistine Chapel
- Join a guided 4-hour tour
- Learn from your art historian guide
What can I expect?
Explore the Entire Vatican & St. Peter's Dome
By Roman law, no building in Rome can be higher than the top of the Dome at St Peter's Basilica. Join a guided tour and see the city from the summit of Michelangelo's magnificent Dome. From here you can enjoy the views of the entire Vatican City and gardens.
Meet your guide, who is an art historian, in St. Peter's Square and stroll across the piazza into the Vatican City where your climb begins. There are 551 steep steps in total, which is a bit more than most wish to tackle on foot. We'll take the elevator part of the way up so that just 171 steps remain. Climb at a leisurely pace and enjoy the journey with frequent stops.
At the summit, you will take in the breathtaking 360 degree views of the Vatican City as it extends out into Rome and its seven hills.
Take a brief break before entering St. Peter's Basilica, which is an absolute triumph of art and architecture that is unmatched anywhere else in the world. This is where Bernini's sculptures and Michelangelo's art rise above holy papal tombs and the perceived necropolis of St. Peter himself.
Regroup at 11:30 AM for a 2 hour skip the line Vatican Museum tour covering what is arguably the most important art collection in the world, occupying more than 1,200 rooms.
How does it work?
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete, and no later than 48 hours, you will receive your e-ticket by email. Mobile tickets are accepted.
Where does the tour start?
Meet your guide beneath the two arches on Via di Porta Angelica, just before the colonnade of pillars which run around St. Peter's Square. Your guide will be holding a red folder or a red umbrella.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. When in Rome Tours and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Why are my tickets over face value?
The price you pay per ticket includes the booking fees and reservation fee for the Vatican - for our local agent in Rome and for Ticmate.
If you queue up at the Vatican ticket office, the price is €20. In this case, you must wait to get in. Waiting time can exceed 2 hours.
Our tickets are skip-the-line priority entrance tickets so you will save a lot of time by avoiding queues at the Vatican box office and at the entrance!
We think that this is a smart solution for the travelers who would like to avoid the often very long queues and instead use the time more sensible.
Infant (0-5): Free of charge
Very Good: 4.0 – 7 reviews
Alsnog lange rijen
"We hebben alsnog 45 minuten in de rij gestaan. Dat scheelt natuurlijk wel, maar best vermoeiend. De prijs is ook twee keer zo hoog. We wisten niet zo goed wat de bedoeling was. Hoe je van het museum naar het Sint Pietersplein kwam etc.. we misten een plattegrond of iets dergelijks."
Mobile voucher accepted
Save time – Skip the line
Duration: 4 hours
- St. Peter's Dome / Michelangelo's Cupola
- Comprehensive tour of St. Peter's Basilica
- Priority access to the Vatican
- Licensed Vatican tour guide
- Tour of the Vatican Museums
- Tour of the Sistine Chapel
- Professional art historian guide
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 8 AM
Skip the line Vatican Ticket
Largo del Colonnato 1 00193 Rom Italien
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.