100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 56
2. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 48
3. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 43
4. Vatican and Rome Cardat Vatican and Rome Card, th, 30 jan 2020 - tue, 30 jun 2020
From £ 104
5. Colosseum & Gladiator's Gateat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided tour, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 45
6. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 87
7. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guideat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guide, th, 30 jan 2020 - tue, 31 mar 2020
From £ 20
8. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 111
9. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hoursat The Best of Rome 3,5 hours, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 61
10. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 27 jan 2021
From £ 73
Vatican Museums: Guided tour in English
This guided tour to the Vatican gets you past the long lines at the Vatican Museums, so you spend more time exploring the world’s most incredible art collection and less time waiting outside.
- Walk straight past the long lines to the Vatican
- Don't miss a thing with your English-speaking guide
- Explore the world's most stunning art collection
- Admire the magnificent Sistine Chapel
- Explore St. Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy the tour in a small, intimate group (max 20)
What can I expect?
Visit all the highlights of the Vatican Museums – from the Sistine Chapel to lesser-known gems of the collection, ending our tour with a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Listen as your guide brings these works of art to life for you – pointing out things you never would have noticed on your own and teaching you about the characters behind these great works.
A definite highlight of the tour is a visit to the Sistine Chapel. Guided tours are not permitted within the chapel so your tour guide will have already filled you in on the details with the aid of photographs of the paintings.
Next, we’ll use our skip the line access again, exiting by a special door which leads us straight into St. Peter’s Basilica and past another long line. See the incredible altar and marvel at Michelangelo’s beautiful sculpture, La Pietà, before heading outside to see St. Peter’s Square.
Every morning but Wednesday, our groups will have a guided tour inside St. Peter’s Basilica – on Wednesdays it’s highly likely that the Basilica will be closed to the public for the Papal audience. On afternoon tours our guide will deliver a commentary about St. Peter’s Basilica from St. Peter’s Square before groups enter the basilica to admire it in their own time.
Our tour finishes out in St. Peter’s Square where you can spot the balcony of the Pope or snap a selfie with the basilica ind the background.
How does it work?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica.
- From November until March, there won’t be a guided tour inside the Basilica, due to Basilica’s restrictions. Your guide will still be able to provide an explanation from the outside and you will be able to enter the Basilica on your own. The duration of your tour will not be affected, as your guide will decide how to allocate the time between the Museums and the Basilica accordingly.
- On Wednesday mornings & afternoons St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. Customers who wish to visit St. Peter’s Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Infant (0-3): Free of charge
Print out voucher
Save time – Skip the line
Duration: 3 hours
Vatican Museums: Guided tour in English
The corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi 00192 Roma
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.