1. Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line
From £ 27
From £ 27
From £ 67
From £ 49
From £ 135
From £ 51
From £ 81
From £ 102
From £ 89
From £ 160
From £ 42
Explore St. Peter's Basilica and venture into its sacred Necropolis (Greek: City of the dead). With your knowledgable guide you'll learn everything there is to know about the world famous church.
- Enjoy a special tour above and below
- Go underground and explore the ancient necropolis
- Get close to the remains of the apostle Saint Peter
- Learn about the Basilica from the official Vatican guides
- Explore the rest of the Basilica at your own pace
- Admire the masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael & more
St. Peter's Basilica & Necropolis
Skip the lines and lose yourself in the majesty of one of the world's grandest churches, then head underground for a tour of its vast burial chambers - Necropolis. This is where the remains of Saint Peter himself are buried. In the basilica you'll see priceless masterpieces by artists like Michelangelo, Bernini, and Raphael, and enjoy amazing views of St Peter's Square and more.This guided tour takes you 10m below St. Peter's Basilica, the home church of the pope, and into the heart of the sacred necropolis.
This ancient Roman burial site holds graves dating back to the first century! As you peer around its corners, you'll learn all about early Christianity and get to see the final resting place of 'the rock' Saint Peter himself.
When you return to the land of the living, you can enjoy the rest of the basilica at your own pace. St. Peter's Basilica is filled with priceless artistic masterpieces and jaw-dropping Baroque architectural adornments.
And, the dome, designed by Michelangelo, fills the church with light and a suitably reverent atmosphere.
You could easily spend a whole day basking in the glory of this monument!
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket is sent directly to your email. Smartphone tickets are accepted.
Where does the tour begin?
The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of St Peter's Square, in the middle of the colonnade, precisely in front of the Police hurdle.
Please be there 20 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 2.5 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Tiqets and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- The necropolis isn't recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia.
- This tour is not recommended for visitors with reduced mobility.
- Large bags, photographic equipment not allowed.
Visitors must be aged 15 or older.
- Access to the Cupola
Mobile voucher accepted
Print out voucher
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Tour as per description
- Timed entrance to St Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Necropolis
- English guided tour of St Peter's Basilica with an official Vatican guide
- English guided tour of the Necropolis with an official Vatican guide
- Headsets so you always can hear your guide
St Peter's Basilica & Necropolis: Guided Tour & Skip the line
St. Peter's Basilica Piazza San Pietro 00120 Rome