100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, wed, 23 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 28
2. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 119
3. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, wed, 23 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 51
4. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Vatican: 4.5-hour guided tour, mon, 29 mar 2021 - mon, 20 sep 2021
From £ 103
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, sat, 26 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 81
6. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 93
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Tour & The Domeat Skip the line Vatican Ticket, th, 24 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 85
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, sat, 27 mar 2021 - wed, 22 sep 2021
From £ 59
9. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Fast Trackat Colosseum: Fast Track, th, 24 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 27
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, wed, 23 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 60
Vatican Afternoon Tour
- Skip the line to the world-renowned Vatican Museums
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Vatican City
- Learn about the Vatican from your incredible guide
- Experience the beauty of The Sistine Chapel
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica on your own after your tour
Take a Guided Tour of the Vatican
Your English-speaking guide will cover all the major highlights of the Vatican museums' vast art collections. Our guides on our Vatican tours are extremely well-liked and they get many positive appraisals from our guests.
You'll visit the Rooms of Raphael, The Belvedere Courtyard, The Sistine Chapel and much more. Your guide will show you around, make sure you avoid any unnecessary queuing and share his knowledge about the many art treasures.
After we exit The Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you to St. Peter's Basilica where you can browse around this incredible church on your own for as long as you like.
We also offer the same identical tour in the morning - Vatican Morning Tour. If you would also like a guided tour of the Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica, then try our Vatican Museum, Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica tour instead!
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends by the Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 2 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 5-17. Children under age 5 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You will skip all official queues, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Due to the popularity of the attraction and the number of visitors on the sites, your tour might take longer than anticipated. We regret any inconvenience this might cause you.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security and security checks, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.
Fantastic: 4.2 – 175 reviews
vatican afternoon tour
"our guide was wonderful ! very informative and spoke perfect english. highly recommend this tour!"
Linda, West caldwell
"Tudo funcionou perfeitamente, no entanto, o local é extremamente cheio, dificultando bastante a apreciação de suas obras de arte."
Fantastisk oplevelse og en fantastisk guide
"Guiden var helt fantastisk, hun var virkelig god til at fortælle om tingene og sørge for at vi fik en god oplevelse. Men vær forberedt på virkelig mange mennesker og husk vand."
Bra guidning på Vatikanens enorma konstsamlingar
"Vår guide Massimo gjorde besöket på Vatikanstaten roligt, intressant och begripligt. På bra engelska och med varm humor berättade han om religös och historisk bakgrund till Vatikanens samlingar av fantastiska målningar och skulpturer. Han svarade insatt på frågor från oss besökare."
Print out voucher
Duration: 2 hours
- Skip the line-ticket to the Vatican museums.
- A two-hour guided tour.
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
Vatican Afternoon Tour
When In Rome Tours Via Sebastiano Veniero 21 000192 Roma, Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.