100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, wed, 23 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 28
2. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hoursat The Best of Rome 3,5 hours, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 65
3. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 119
4. Colosseum & Gladiator's Gateat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided tour, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 48
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, wed, 23 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 51
6. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , sat, 26 sep 2020 - wed, 22 sep 2021
From £ 145
7. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, wed, 23 sep 2020 - fri, 9 oct 2020
From £ 93
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Tour & The Domeat Skip the line Vatican Ticket, th, 24 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 85
9. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Vatican: 4.5-hour guided tour, mon, 29 mar 2021 - mon, 20 sep 2021
From £ 103
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, sat, 26 sep 2020 - sat, 31 oct 2020
From £ 81
Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilica
Explore the Vatacombs - the underground tombs of the former Popes! This best-selling tour covers most of the famous Vatican City, including the Vatican Museums, The Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. This way you get beautiful art, stunning architecture and history all in one tour!
- Explore the famous Vatican Museums
- See the underground tombs of former Popes - the Vatacombs
- Experience The Sistine Chapel
- Admire the beautiful St. Peter's Basilica
What can I expect?
Experience the Highlights of Rome
On this tour, you'll see highlights from arguably the most important collection of art in the world, including The Rooms of Raphael, The Sistine Chapel, and The Belvedere Courtyard.
Your English-speaking guide will provide you with a comprehensive overview on all you will see, especially about The Sistine Chapel and the famous painter Michelangelo and make sure you get the most out of your time in Vatican City. Our guides on our Vatican tours are very popular and they get many positive appraisals from our guests.
After leaving The Sistine Chapel, you will be led through the underground level, called the Vatacombs, a rarely seen area of the Vatican where tombs of the former popes are located.
Next you'll head towards St Peter's Basilica, the largest basilica in the world built over what are believed to be the bones of St. Peter. Here you get to enjoy the magnificent view of the dome from the ground.
The tour ends outside the magnificent Basilica where we will hear about the history of the Vatican State, The Swiss Guard, and how St Peter's Square was designed.
The tour is operated in English.
How does it work?
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends outside St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 3 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
- You will skip all official queues, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-17. Children under age 6 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
What’s not included?
Fantastic: 4.5 – 824 reviews
Luigi was a great tour guide!
"The tour was amazing and our tour guide was well informed. Luigi had a wonderful spirit and attitiude as well as a ton of knowledge. My only small tiny issue was the length of the tour. I know we have to work with the crowd, but it was just a tad long. But I cannot say enough wonderful things about the tour and the guide. I would definitely recommend!"
Great tour guide
"Our tour guide was Eugenia. She was fantastic. She had a great personality and was very knowledgeable. She made the tour worthwhile."
Vatican Museum Tour
"Our guide was amazing, she was very knowledgeable about everything, I learnt a lot about the history of the Vatican & St Peters. Highly recommend to pre-book this tour to avoid long ques to get into the Vatican."
Louise, St kilda east
very good tour
"the tour was done very well considering the huge crowds. the tour guide was very professional"
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
- A guided tour through the Vatican city.
- Access to the Vatacombs.
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's
When In Rome Tours Via Sebastiano Veniero 21 000192 Rome, Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.