100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, sat, 4 apr 2020 - tue, 29 sep 2020
From £ 56
2. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Ancient Rome - 3.5 hoursat The Best of Rome 3,5 hours, tue, 7 apr 2020 - tue, 29 sep 2020
From £ 61
3. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, sat, 4 apr 2020 - wed, 17 feb 2021
From £ 73
4. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, sat, 4 apr 2020 - wed, 30 dec 2020
From £ 88
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: The Garden Tour & Breakfastat Vatican & Gardens w. breakfast, mon, 6 apr 2020 - sat, 24 oct 2020
From £ 146
6. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Vatican: 4.5-hour guided tour, sat, 4 apr 2020 - th, 18 feb 2021
From £ 97
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, fri, 17 apr 2020 - fri, 30 oct 2020
From £ 76
8. Best of Rome and Vatican Saver Ticketat Best of Rome and Vatican, tue, 7 apr 2020 - tue, 29 sep 2020
From £ 87
9. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , sat, 4 apr 2020 - th, 18 feb 2021
From £ 50
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, sat, 4 apr 2020 - th, 18 feb 2021
From £ 55
St. Peters Basilica, Dome Climb and Vatacombs
Did you know that no building in Rome can be higher than the top of the Dome at St. Peter's Basilica? It's Roman law. And now you have the chance to see it! Visit Michelangelo's Dome and get a guided tour through St. Peters Basilica, that is focused on art and history.
- See Rome from the best view in the city
- Get a guided tour through St. Peter's Basilica
- Enter the rarely accessed Papal Crypts
- Learn from an art historian guide
What can I expect?
Get ready to put the cultural glasses on. On this tour you will learn about history and art, while you get the best possible view in the entire central Rome! You see Rome from the Dome where you look over the entire Vatican City, the gardens and so much more.
You meet your guide at St. Peter's Square. Make your way across the marble paving to the first steps of Michelangelo's Dome. There are 551 steps - fortunately, there is an elevator, that leaves only 171 steps left for your group to climb. And you take all the breaks you need! At the top you will get a view for your life. It is absolutely breathtaking. Don't hold back on taking photographs!
What goes up, must eventually come down. The same goes for the tour. Luckily it's also easier to walk down the steps than climbing them. Then you have the chance to enter the St. Peter's Basilica, where you learn about the art and the history of the basilica. You also visit the rarely accessed Papal Crypts and the Vatacombs.
How does it work?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket is sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where is the meeting point?
At St. Peter's Square.
Anyone who feels incapable of climbing to the very top of the dome may remain at the terrace level (where the elevator stops) while those who wish to climb all the way up can do so.
Infant (0-5): Free
What’s not included?
Hotel pickup and drop-off.
Food and drinks.
Print out voucher
Duration: 1 hours 30 minutes
Please check calender for date and time.
Largo del Colonnato 1 00193 Rome Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.