100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vaticanat Rome in a day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 111
2. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , sat, 8 feb 2020 - tue, 5 jan 2021
From £ 0
3. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, sat, 1 feb 2020 - tue, 26 jan 2021
From £ 87
4. Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & trainat Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & train, th, 2 apr 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 209
5. Day Trip to Pompeii & Sorrentoat , sat, 8 feb 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 143
6. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Tombs & St Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St Peter's, th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 56
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 48
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , th, 30 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 43
9. Vatican and Rome Cardat Vatican and Rome Card, th, 30 jan 2020 - tue, 30 jun 2020
From £ 104
10. Colosseum & Gladiator's Gateat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided tour, fri, 31 jan 2020 - wed, 29 jul 2020
From £ 45
Day Trip to Pompeii & Mount Vesuvius from Rome
Mount Vesuvius is the reason Pompeii looks the way it does today. But, what if you could get to glimpse what the city used to look like? Enjoy this unique opportunity to explore Pompeii with Virtual Reality lenses.
- Experience Pompeii in Virtual Reality
- Learn all about the site from an expert archeologist
- Enjoy free wi-fi during transit
- Feast on pizza or panini for lunch
What can I expect?
When Mount Vesuvius erupted the city of Pompeii met its tragic end: it was completely covered in ash and destroyed. Today, almost two millenia later, you can visit the city on a tour that will leave its mark on you. Walk the streets of Pompeii feeling that you are travelling back and forth through time, though in reality you will be using Virtual Reality visors.
The tour starts in Rome, from where you will depart for Pompeii. An archeologist guide will meet you and take you on an adventure through the city. Not only is it fascinating, but seeing the ruins and remains of sudden death completely unchaged since disaster struck all those years ago definitely leaves a lasting impression on most visitors!
There will be a lunch stop - either pizza or a panini - before travelling on to the sleeping giant that brought about the fateful destiny of Pompeii: Mount Vesuvius. It takes about 20 minutes to hike to the highest peak with access. From here you can look directly down inside the crater of Mount Vesuvius. But don't worry: The only signs of life from the giant is a bit of steam! Definitely a historical site worth visiting!
How does it work?
Shortly after completing your booking online you will receive an e-ticket by e-mail. Just print it out and bring a copy on the tour, or show the ticket on your mobile.
Where is the meeting point?
At Piazza de Repubblica.
-We recommend bringing a hat, sunblock and sturdy, comfortable footwear.
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.
What’s not included?
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 12 hours
Pizza or panini for lunch.
A bottled water.
Please check the calendar for dates and times.
Piazza della Repubblica 00185 Rome Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.